Friday, November 7, 2008

Product Photography--Still Life vs. Live Photography




Hi all! Another week is drawing to a close. Busy week! The election is over ... now we can concentrate on something else! My topic today is Still Life photography. While in Northern Vietnam I took the attached shot at a roadside stand. I love taking photos of natural beauty. I am sure when setting up shop they did not intend for the display to be eye catching but it did catch my eye. I took several shots like this one of goods for sale all over Northern Vietnam. Product photography in a sense. Product and website photography is creative. I enjoy doing it and have done quite a bit professionally. The subjects are quite "still" which is good but live subjects give me the advantage of catching animated expression. My style in the studio with live subjects as many of my clients know...is to talk and make them feel at ease. Then I click away and capture personality. It is almost like you catch the twinkle in the subject's eye. Attached you will find one still life and one image of Sam Watkins that I believe shows personality. Check out his website for more pictures and give a listen to his music! http://www.samwatkinscountry.com/ It is worth your while! Love to all of you!LA:)

No comments: