Friday, October 31, 2008


Hi All! The beauty of being a photographer is hardly ever getting photographed myself! It gives me a certain amount of control....maybe passive aggressive ??? who knows. Anyhow, the attached photo was taken with me included with my camera but by somebody else. I recently discovered this photo while sorting through the entire lot of Vietnam photos...~~~2000 photos. This one resonates with me. I remember as a participant on this trip how I felt on the inside at times....on the inside looking out that is...but after looking at this photo I see from the outside looking in at myself and what was going on at the moment. The little guy in the photo was about my son's age and his parents were carrying him around on their backs because there were no means to have a wheelchair. I watched them carry him with so much love. He has cerebral palsy. I inquired and found out that I could sponsor a wheelchair and I did. His parents were so happy--the mom was tearful. We worked with a translator to in order to tell them about the wheelchair and that is when this photo was taken. I remember that instance of looking up at the translator while my eyes were welling with tears. I look at this photo now, all these months later, and the same tears come. Vietnam had a profound effect on me. I struggle a part of each day wishing I could do more. www.gsmedicalministry.org Lotsa love to all of you and HAPPY HALLOWEEN! LA:)

No comments: